Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Under new management

There have been a lot of departures in my company over the last few months, and the one I am most sad about is the departure of my regional manager. I said goodbye to him yesterday.

He told me that he very much enjoyed working with me (most people do, fortunately), and that "with me on a project, I have no doubt that you will find a way to make it happen."

Very nice words indeed, especially when I don't always see myself in that way.

I'd worked with him since I joined the team. In fact, when he interviewed me for the role, I found him so engaging and supportive, to the point that I could tell he was the kind of person I'd like to work for. It's not often that you walk away from an interview feeling like that. I don't know his replacement, but I sure hope he's as supportive and kind.

No comments: