Sunday, April 24, 2016

The unintentional hiatus

Has it really been that long since I last updated this?

I could have sworn I started on a post earlier this year, having had a wondrous month of dancing in January. Clearly, that was only in my head.

There has been so much that has happened, and, at the same time, so very little to write about.

First off, yes, we got married and we are tremendously happy. Just in case anyone was concerned that that was the reason there hadn't been an update since a few days before the wedding!

It has been hard to find the time to write, and harder still to find the words that could encapsulate the busy-ness of the last few months, the frustration that comes with living in UK (mainly housing prices and taxes), the stresses that come with working a new role in which one seems to be constantly making mistakes, the fears that come with working in an industry in which the survivors are those best able to adapt – and not knowing if your employer will be one of them – and the joys that come with enjoying wedded bliss.

Yes, it hasn’t been all bad.

I feel the most relaxed I have felt in months now, having only just returned from our (delayed) honeymoon – a glorious three weeks in Japan to see the cherry blossoms, among other things. I am well aware that tomorrow’s return to work – after such a long absence – will probably kill that, if the morning’s yoga session doesn’t get to me first!

Still, I am glad that we got that time off, and that in spite of our spending 24/7 with each other – and only each other – for that period of time, we are still happy to have married each other!


No comments: