Saturday, April 07, 2012

Udacity CS101 Final Exam

So, here we are. It’s the final week of CS101: Building A Search Engine, and the final exam is due this Monday at 11.59 pm (GMT). The original deadline was 11.59 pm (GMT) on Sunday, but, owing to technical difficulties arising from, I’m guessing, the large numbers of students using the site, most students have had difficulties submitting their code for the exam questions. I’m grateful for the extension, not just because it gives me extra time to look at the two questions I haven’t yet been able to answer on the 11 question exam (8 regular and 3 starred), but also because, between my boyfriend and I, we only have one laptop, so only one of us can do the exam at any one time, and it’s not fair for me to hog it because I’m stuck.

If only the Python interpreter would work on the iPad, this wouldn’t be such an issue. Ah well.

Nevertheless, at this point in time, I’ve answered all of the regular questions and one of the starred, and am reasonably confident that all of them are correct, so I’m optimistic that I’ll end up with more than just a Certificate of Achievement.

And I’m proud to say that I’ve answered all of the questions all by myself, even ifmy response to one of the questions is incredibly inelegant and complicated. The bottom-line is, it works, innit. Besides, writing beautiful code is going to be covered in CS212: The Design Of Computer Programmes, so it’s something to be aspired to, not something to be acquired in one day!

I’ve had quite a bit of fun along the way, to the point that I’ll be using the data I collected for the previous post to play around with after this is over.

Yes, it’s been that fun.


But, for now, to bed!

No comments: